End of the line? or the beginning of something more?

So of course.. you may be wondering "Spiracy, what happened to your YouTube Channel?" 

The correct answer is "you're guess is as good as mine" , but I'll give you my best explanation.  Starting in January, I've seem to run afoul of some site-wide policy changes that apparently were, in their words, "problematic". Funny, they haven't been so for the last ten years I've been on the platform. just this year.

In the process of two months I've been blessed with so-called "community guideline strikes" for  my movie podcast titled  Bossfight At the Movies, which honestly are about as tame as a PG-13 sex comedy from the mid Eighties. The reasons for these are the incredibly vague claim of "hate speech" which actually is more telling on the accuser than the person being accused. 

Imagine being a man of melanin stature, and apparently being told that you can't do a mediocre vocal impression of Heath Ledger in full TDK Joker flair pointing out that his character in said film murdered quite a number of black people, and perhaps there was some racy reason for that. 

Imagine again, joking about you and your friends having gay orgies in the monologue of your podcast making fun of old movies, despite being clearly heterosexual, because obviously we're all secure enough in our sexuality to have those types of joking conversations. 

Whether you find either instance offensive or not, that's how we roll. We're all adults who are capable of having these kinds of conversations and apparently our target audience (of gay, straight, and multiracial backgrounds) enjoyed the content enough to request more episodes of this show, however let us not forget that we do exist in an internet filled with soft people and this is what creates hard times.  

My second strike left me with two weeks to basically gather various videos from the channel to move onto Rumble for archival purposes, while unlisting and privating my off-topic podcast Late Night Bossfight, which covered more political discussion. My plan was to get the podcast content off of the channel and focus on just making video game related content. 

 Saturday night I receive one of two emails, The first one stating that my Dark Knight Rises episode is being Age Restricted, which I know for certain is BS, because due to COPPA compliance I've made my content available to mature audiences only. 


Exhibit A. 

I've had a sneaking suspicion since the first strike, that someone at YouTube, be it automated or otherwise has it in for the channel, and wanted me gone. One - with the amount of reach the channel has been getting for the last few months, it's getting clear that people are interested in what I'm saying, and also tired of everything being drenched in some form of political theater, and just want to enjoy their hobbies and interests again, and two - any time you get too big or too loud with your voice, is when you start to see some form of meddling. That's just how it tends to go. 

While watching a movie with my wife, I had received a notification on a community post I made about Games Done Quick banning Hogwarts Legacy, and noticed that I couldn't access my account, and boom, that's when I knew the YouTube channel was gone. I checked my email again, and found that second email that confirmed my suspicions.  

 
Exhibit B 

The thing that gets me about these "severe , repeated violations" are that there aren't any included instances, just accusations, and I'm sure I'm supposed to accept blame and plead for forgiveness like some prisoner in an internment camp. If that is the case, I refuse. My content clearly wasn't in violation of children accessing it, and with YouTube supposedly having measures in place to ensure that there is clearly two separate platforms for both children and adults, this was a non issue. Also it's awful convenient that the supposed "third strike" came the day of my penalty being lifted from my second strike. 

You'll understand if I feel a bit conflicted about this whole ordeal; Being told that I, a black person can't make black jokes because that is insulting to and infringing upon "protected classes", as if black people  are endangered animals to be kept in some enclosed commune, aren't capable of taking jokes.  The assumption is that I apparently don't carry enough melanin to qualify for appropriate status, but even if I did, due to my show of defiance in not being a perpetual victim I'm clearly too far "off the plantation" to matter anyway.  Happy Black History month, ya'll.  Clearly I jest, but there is an underlying question of discrimination to be had in hindsight of the situation, especially given the time and the yearly push for companies like Google parading around "ye old black creators" for clout. 

So now you may be asking what are my plans?  

Well the last 5 years of videos are archived on Odysee So there's that. I'm missing the early videos; Who ruined the ruiner, The Boys toy asile myth, and the Censorship videos, but since those were scripted, I have the scripts archived and links available, so I guess I can remaster them with updated information and re-release them. 

The Bossfight At the Movies videos are on Rumble with Season 3 scheduled to be uploaded soon in Podcast format. I'm entertaining the idea of uploading podcast archives of Seasons 1 and 2 , as well the full Boss Syndrome Podcast episodes as premium content for fairly cheap just so people who enjoyed those can access them (Yes, I have all 154 episodes on backup, as well). 

For the time being I'll be posting my thoughts here, and via substack at least until the website I'm working on is ready to go. Then I'll be migrating all the old content here to the website, while keeping this around for archival purposes. I have some insane mad scientist ideas I'm working out in my head for website integration that may ensure that I never have to rely on YouTube or even Twitch again. we shall see. 

The biggest mistake YouTube and Google have done, at this point is pushing a man who calls himself "Spiracy" into the background, a place where I'm most comfortable operating. I guess we shall see what happens from here on out.. 

- Thank you, and I'll see you Next Bossfight. 


Comments

Popular Posts