DSS | Dark Souls II - Can't see the giant forest for the trees

                      


The Second Dark Souls II stream went better than the first one did.  I realize the game has some major drawbacks, namely the decreasing health bar situation. For those who have never played DS2, when Hollowed, you have this secondary bar that restricts your life bar with every death.

If you've played the first game it's like the cursed status effect, but instead of using a Purging stone, you just use an effigy to restore your humanity. It's rather annoying, and I understand this is a means of forcing you into being cautious of maintaining your human status, however this doesn't make this any less of an annoyance, and a means of inflating difficulty to lengthen the game. Sure being ambushed while going after certain items is pretty tough to deal with, it's even more annoying when your health is pretty low.  Other than that I like the new locales, and the fact that the fast travel is capable from the start.  I just hope that I'm able to enjoy more of the game as time goes on.

- I'll see you next Bossfight!

Comments

Popular Posts