Blazing Chrome makes me pine for games of simpler days...

                     



You're probably looking at this post and thinking; "Spiracy, you're late to the party on this one... ", and you would be absolutely right in your thinking, but I just want to take a second out and talk about how cool this game looks!



For those of you who are close enough to know a bit about yours truly, I have to admit one of my biggest joys during the 16 bit era was constantly renting Contra Hard Corps from the local video store, and spending my weekends trying to get further in the massive mess of explosions, metal and mayhem that game provided.  Now, Truth be told, I've never really beaten Contra Hard Corps, but I still, every once in a while, fire up the emulation unit and try to give the game another go, naturally to diminishing returns ( I'm wondering if it's more the fact that the Genesis controller is best compared to trying to reconfigure a Playstation controller to work for the game, but I digress)



           



So flash forward to this morning, where I find myself doing my civic duty of shitposting on twitter, and I come across a #ScreenshotSaturday post of this game. Needless to say my hype levels are off the charts for this game. It's got the style and look of Contra Hard Corps, but it also has it's own flavor. This is exactly the thing that I've been harping on about for years!!  If Konami, Capcom and the like are going to stop putting out the games we enjoy, it's time for us gamers to pick up the slack and start making our own versions of those games.  Take that nostalgia and those programming and design skills and start creating the classics of tomorrow!!



The game is being developed by JOYMASHER, and I can't wait to play this!!!



- I'll see you Next Bossfight!

Comments

Popular Posts