Quickies: Dragon's Crown - bringing sexy back

Quickies: Dragon's Crown - bringing sexy back 
Source(s): Youtube

Well more like bringing sexy back to the old school Side-scrolling Hack and Slashers. Vanillaware, makers of Odin Sphere, and the fantastic but somewhat ignored, Muramasa: The Demon Blade are planning to bring this graphically gorgeous throwback to games like Golden Axe to PS3 and Vita.



Watching the trailer actually reminds me of another old school side slasher; The D&D games Shadow over Mystara and Tower of Doom. The character types are about the same for both games, and I'm sure the devs over at Vanillaware would probably note this as an inspiration as well.



The only difference is that there are no stacked sorceresses and amazon characters bouncing out of their tops. While I can only laugh at the absurdity of that, and not let it ruin what's otherwise an interesting looking game, I'm sure people will make jokes and Rule 34 the crap out of it.  That's fine. The only thing I care about is that people give this game a chance. Vanillaware should be way more popular than they are, considering the incredible effort put into the presentation of their games, and the fact that they're putting out the types of games that I wish the bigger companies (like Capcom) still were. However, this is definitely a game I want to try out when I get the opportunity to. This also reminds me that I need to find a copy of Muramasa, stat.

Comments

Popular Posts