Gaming for a greater purpose....

Of course I spend an ample amount of time pretty much hanging out on here talking about gaming, and it's problems. I fan out when I like something and I get incredibly sarcastic and cynical when I don't. It's all in fun, and I rather enjoy what I do here. Offline I have my fair share of human problems, which for the most part are fairly easy to manage. Some of my friends, however don't have such luxury.

One of my friends in general is going through some serious medical conditions, and is in danger of possibly losing her house which she's only had for a fairly short period of time. While I've only known her for a year, I can't let her or her daughter be put out on the streets, and I feel like I must do something about it. Now those of you who know me, outside of the interwebz, know that I tend to go into "hero mode" whenever someone is in need of help. That's kind of the person I am, and it can be both a blessing and a curse, but  I feel like if I have talents that can be utilized to help others either, through helping people understand, and discover new and interesting things in gaming and art, then by god, I'm going to do it!!

So what am I planning specifically? Well the idea came to me while I was working the other night; I'm a gamer, I run a fairly popular blog. Why not do a gaming marathon?  I can get an HD webcam and stream my gaming exploits through classic gaming history with my usual commentary while raising money to help someone catch up on their medical bills and mortgage. Sounds good right? Well I also had this idea to basically also contact one of my favorite local video game stores, Gamers , and see if they'll let me do a marathon at one of their locations from "open to close" while livestreaming the event for internet donation and such. It's an interesting endeavor. Definitely for a good cause, and it's just the right thing to do.

So for the time being, this is what I'm planing on doing; I'll be working out  the details in a series of days and try to see if I can make these ideas come to fruition. I'll let you guys know how things are coming along through additional posts.

Thanks and Game On!

Comments

Popular Posts