State of the blog address: FSBF is two years old already?

 
     I can't believe that by the 31st of this month it will be two years since I started this blog. A lot has changed. Some for the better some for the worse, but I feel like I've gained a bit more direction and feel like this platform has more of a purpose than it did back in 2008. Still I feel like I could do more than just play the cynical old man sitting in my rocking chair and waxing on about the games of yore compared to now. So I'm looking to pretty much restructure things a bit.




What does this mean? Well I'll still be doing my usual bit of reviews, quickie news, articles and ranticles. That won't change, However I am interested in possibly adding some other opinions in the mix here. My opinion certainly isn't the end-all-be-all, and good journalism means presenting facts and ideas from every perspective to allow the reader to make the final call for themselves. Sooo if anyone is interested in submitting reviews, or articles for FSBF feel free to drop an email.



I'm kicking around some ideas with people to start interviewing indie game developers. I spend way too much time arguing with fans and Industry people, so I need to inject this blog with more positivity. I have one interview lined up with some friends who just started a company, but we'll have to iron something out via chat conference or something. I often believe that gaming and comics go hand in hand. If you want to get into creating games, then make a game, if you want to get into comics then make a comic. Simple as that. As Skottie Young has said on his Twitter, When people talk about getting into comics, it's usually more a question of  "how do I get into Marvel or DC" Well for gaming that equals out to "How do I get into the gaming industry".Well the answer is right in front of you. Get some friends and ideas together and make something happen. This will provide that experience that you would need to get a job in the field you want or to go into business for yourselves. [/rant]

One of the things I've been playing around with since I started back in 08 was to get a podcast going, but of course I would have decent audio equipment if that were ever going to happen. It's a lot of hard work getting something like that together, but I guess if anything pans out I'll probably use something like kickstarter to get the ball rolling. Don't hold your collective breaths, though. I may be a pretty decent writer, but I don't even like the sound of my own voice half the time lol, so we'll keep that idea on the back burner.

Lastly, I'm starting to get tired of looking at Lavos, Gannon, Bill Rizer, Lucia and Jenova's faces so yeah it's time for a redesign. I don't know what the new header will look like until I actually do it, so it'll be a nice surprise.Nothing else to say but thanks to everyone who reads this blog. Here's to another good year of content.

Game On.

Comments

Popular Posts