Quickies: THQ proposes 40 million dollar game for Natal. Too late to be an April Fool's Joke.

THQ to plan a 40 million dollar Natal game. 
Source(s): Gamingbolt

The following is taken from an article on Gamingbolt. 
"Project Natal is surely gaining some momentum.  THQ are planning a $40m Natal Game but are still waiting for Natal’s install base to grow before starting development.
THQ vice president, Danny Bilson, also stated that he already has some concepts and ideas that can feature Natal in a very very cool way.

'But to your other question I don’t think the experience with the technology is there, I don’t think the install base is there because the game I’m thinking about is a $30m/$40m Natal game and the install base isn’t there yet to support that. The concept I have uses every corner of that tech and maybe in a couple of years we’ll do it.'

'So there’s core potential there but on the creative side I’m absolutely focused on core… so an idea I have for that, aside for the one that we have, is a big core game.
I think we have to wait a little bit just for the install base to justify spending a ton of money. Because my idea is a really expensive idea.' "

Bilson also revealed that THQ has an awesome Natal title coming this year and Microsoft is really excited about it."
That's just......wow... I'm at a loss for words right now .... I know the idea would only be executed if the conditions reach what Bilson deems to be "just right for development" but damn, that's a lot for a Natal project!  I would probably have to hear more about what this idea would be before I could even begin to speculate on whether it was worth it or not, but if investors are willing to put that much into a project like that it would have to at least have one hell of a pitch!  Like I said. if it weren't for the article being posted on April 2nd I would have thought it was just another prank. Then again how much does it really cost for games these days to be developed?

Comments

Popular Posts