Picking up the pieces....

So I don't really feel like I have to explain the thousands of disappointed people who checked out E3's live feeds. I really don't have anything to say myself. We already know that Microsoft came out of the expo in good standing, and Sony and Nintendo both walked out with egg on their face, so I'm not going to go into that. If you come to this blog looking for outrage against the big N or Sony.. you might come up disappointed once again. However if you want a clearer, more analytical argument for that check out GamingIndustry's article by Johnny Minkley.

most of my arguments and discussions about E3 can be seen on Gingerbox's E308 thread. So no talking about wah wah Nintendo, Wah wah Sony.

I was listening to the IGN's "To Catch an Editor" Podcast Friday afternoon, and It was freaking fantastic. Lorne Lanning was definately on point with most of his arguments conscerning where the industry is headed, and what changes need to be made. if you haven't listened to that, listen to it on Odeo, or go to Itunes and download it.

Two games to check out right now will be Mad World and The Conduit, which I will continue to champion until it's released. Especially now that it is the only Wii exclusive FPS with Voice chat confirmed (before Wii speak was announced) , and a confirmed large number of weapons to be used in both campaign and multiplayer. HighVoltage games seems to be really trying to push for this game to be the most spectacular game on Wii ever. Hell it's already surpassed all of the half-hearted efforts of other companies, and is the number one argumentive point used against people who chant false claims that the Wii's graphics card can't handle "current gen" games. But I'll save that rant for another day.

still.....claims of real time reflections. Being able to see the reflections of moving clouds in your scope... sounds pretty impressive to me.

http://the-conduit.webs.com/interviews.htm

Comments

Popular Posts