I heart E3

It's like Christmas for me right about now. Why you ask? Because I get like this every time E3 rolls in. Sure I know that I can't get into E3. I wanted to once they lifted the ban on gamers attending, but soon after, I detested the idea of the common gamer going to E3, and came to the conclusion that waves of bodies crashing together (some of them lending themselves to the term "unwashed masses" ) just deters the press from giving games the exposure they deserve, and it ruins the whole mystique of what new things will i want to buy. Of course due to this fact, there were a lot of great games that were "under the radar" and found themselves passed over, or not given enough time to be appreciated, and thus stayed hidden, but that's all in the past.

Barring the Leak information there are quite a few things of note that will be popping up at this year's E3. Sony is dropping some heavy hitters. Including Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and Socom. Nintendo Is , according to Reggie Fils-Aime, Maxamizing their key franchises. which if you haven't seen the news about rumors of Kid Icarus coming out for Wii, seems like plans for total domination, which is a good thing if you're a fan of the big N. Microsoft may show Gears of war 2, flagship FPS turned RTS, Halo Wars, and Too Human. (I'd say something about Banjo Kazooie, but I'll save that for my forthcoming Rare rant. )

Of course there will be other big games like Soul Calibur IV, and Left 4 dead, as well as the lauded Lego Batman. I know you hear this every year, but I have to say it. this is a good year for gaming. I mean that with the utmost sincerity. Well once again like my 12 year old self, I'll be waiting with bated breath and high hopes for any surprises that will come from E3's coverage. For those of you who are going have fun. I'm going to bed.

For the whole list of games stated to come to E3 heres a link to IGN's 2008 E3 info

PS: I know what you're going to say. "with everyone pulling out of E3, it's probably going to be a shell of it's former self". I think we're going to be completely surprised with how things turn out this year. I also am of the opinion that the show must go on, regardless of any monkey wrench that tries to find its way into it. Game on, E3.. game on.

Comments

Popular Posts